Sunday, November 10, 2013

Photo Stories as Classroom Tools

When first asked to create a photo story for my classroom, I was concerned that my lack of technological skill would leave me struggling to create something I could use with students. As it turns out, this was one of the most enjoyable experiences I have had in this course so far.

I chose to create a first day of school video about classroom rules using photos from my preschool class last year. Of course with this age group it would be important to read the captions aloud, but this is just meant to serve as an example of how this could be used as a fun introduction to school. It was simple to navigate the production process by using Stupeflix and allows for anyone to make a video either for instructional purposes or as a learning tool. This could be used for vocabulary review with visuals to add context or an end of year graduation type video. 


1 comment: